Apple Yogurt Smoothie
Get a refreshing energy boost with this fruity, delicious smoothie!
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple cored, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses.
- Garnish with sliced almonds, fresh mint, and a dollop of honey, if desired.
- Don’t throw out ripe fruit! Think berries and bananas! Peel bananas and freeze them in chunks. Freeze clean, dry, fresh berries on a tray. When frozen, use it in a smoothie or store it in a freezer container.
- Need to make this lactose free? Substitute with lactose-free milk. It has the same 13 essential nutrients but without the lactose. Many people can tolerate Greek-style yogurt because it has less lactose, and its live and active cultures make it easier to digest. Of course, you can purchase lactose-free Greek yogurt, too.
- Mix and match fruits with flavored milks and yogurts for fun new smoothie flavors!
- Hard to clean blenders? Add a few drops of dish soap and some water to the blender jar and blend. Just rinse.