Banana Split for Breakfast
Enjoy dessert for breakfast with this yummy, protein-packed dish!
- 1 banana peeled and split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese or fat level of choice
- 1/4 cup strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon barley cereal
- Garnishes like chopped fresh mint leaves, drizzle of honey, or fresh cherries optional
- Peel banana and use a knife to slice it in half widthwise.
- Arrange banana on a serving plate and top with dollops of cottage cheese.
- Spoon strawberries, blueberries and raspberries over banana and sprinkle with barley cereal.
- If desired, top with your favorite garnishes, such as chopped fresh mint, a drizzle of honey and a fresh cherry.
- Want a super chill version? Swap Cottage Cheese and Fruit Blender Ice Cream for fresh cottage cheese.
- Fresh basil may be used in place of fresh mint garnish.