Berry Overnight Oats
Get your day started with tasty, simple overnight oats.
- 1/4 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk low-fat or fat-free
- 1/2 cup berries frozen or unsweetend
- 1/3 cup uncooked rolled oats quick cooking, dry
- Combine all ingredients in a cup or jar. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Top each cup with 1 oz. of vanilla yogurt and 1 tablespoon berries.
- Create your own fun flavors by switching out flavors of milk and yogurts with the fruit.
- How about trying applesauce and a dash of cinnamon along with the milk, oats, and yogurt?
- Punch up the protein by adding high protein milk or some whey protein powder.
- Need a grab-and-go breakfast? Prep a week’s worth on the weekend. Assemble in reusable glass jars with lids and store in the refrigerator. Don’t forget your spoon.
- Need to make this lactose free? Substitute lactose-free milk. It has the same 13 essential nutrients but without the lactose. Many people can tolerate Greek-style yogurt has less lactose, and its live and active cultures make it easier to digest. Of course, you can purchase lactose-free Greek yogurt, too.