Berry Yogurt Parfait Pancakes
Start your morning strong with these fluffy yogurt-topped pancakes!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bakign soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter, and almond extract. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smooth (batter will be thick.)
- Coat griddle or large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Pour 3 tablespoons batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles on pancake start to break (about 2 minutes.) Flip with spatula and cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat until batter is gone.
- To assemble each serving, place one pancake on a plate and spread 2 tablespoons of yogurt on top. Top with ¼ cup berries and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granola. Top with a second pancake and spread an additional 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt on top. Top with another ¼ cup berries and another 1 tablespoon granola. Repeat to make remaining 5 servings.
- In a hurry? Use warm frozen mini pancakes in the microwave.
- Let the kids make their own parfaits- set out bowls of fruit, yogurts, and pancakes
- Need “breakfast to go?” Assemble your mini pancake parfaits in an 8oz wide-mouth glass jar. How about giving a new purpose to an empty jam jar? Add the lid and go! Don’t forget a spoon.