Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas
Get in some extra veggies with this simple-to-make cheesy quesadilla.
- 1 red onion sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 zucchini quartered lengthwise
- 1 yellow squash quartered lengthwise
- 1 red pepper quartered lengthwise
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or basil
- 4 flour tortillas 8-inch
- 1 1/2 cup shredded smoked Provolone or Cheddar Jack cheese 6 oz.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a 15×10-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange vegetables including garlic in a single layer on pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes until barely tender.
- Cut vegetables into cubes or slivers; peel and mash garlic. Mix together in a bowl; toss with cilantro or basil.
- Sprinkle left side of each tortilla with half of cheese. Place vegetables evenly on top of cheese; top with remaining cheese. Fold right side of tortilla over to close and press on top to slightly flatten.
- Grill each quesadilla in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese melts. Cut each in half.
- Use veggies on hand! Lightly toss veggies in oil and roast on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 425° for 15-20 minutes.
- Or, when grilling outdoors, cook extra vegetables until lightly charred and barely tender. Refrigerate until needed. Change the flavor with the choice of herb.
- Experiment with different cheeses and blends! Try pepper jack, sharp cheddar or a mild Havarti.